Thursday, October 30, 2014

Review: Not Yet by Laura Ward

Series: No (Standalone) 
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Book Length: 273 pages
Publication Date: July 28, 2014
Publisher: Createspace
Source: Xpresso Book Tours
Emma Harris is learning that life is just a series of lessons. 

Lesson #1: Nothing goes the way you plan.
Lesson #2: You can't trust men. Especially not the pretty ones.
Lesson #3: Turns out, appearances are almost always deceiving.

Emma thinks she has life all figured out, and what she knows isn't good. For years, she’s put her big sister, who was born with Down syndrome, first. Now Emma’s ready to start her own life, but fate has other plans. To do the right thing for the sister she loves, Emma’s dreams will just have to wait.

She doesn't plan on meeting Landon — a rich, flirtatious jock, who never has to wait for anything. Not for attention, not for money, and certainly not for girls. Meeting Emma marks the first time in his life that he’s had to fight for something. And Landon doesn't know how to lose.

Emma has no interest in wasting her summer with a superficial guy like Landon. But very soon she realizes she is wrong about him. The question is, can she trust him? Or will he let her down like every other guy in her life? But most importantly, can Emma trust herself enough to live the life she's always dreamed of?

Life has a way of sneaking in the most important lessons when you aren't looking. And once the heart gets involved, that's when the real learning begins.
The first thing that made me definitely want to read this book was the cover. I am a person that always judges a book I'm about to read, based on the cover. If the cover isn't that appealing to me, I probably won't read it. This book's cover is gorgeous. The color is neutral, but it isn't boring, and it is just really...sweet? Homely? I'm not really sure how to explain what the cover feels like to me, but I think the best way to describe it would be homely.

The actual book was pretty good. The main character was pretty good, and not whiny, but she did got a little back and forth sometimes. Other than that, she was fabulous main character. She is probably one of the best main characters I have seen within all the New Adult books that I have read. By the end of the book, I could really see her character development. She went from a person who trusted no one to someone who was more relaxed and someone who was more eager to trust that she was before.

Landon was incredible! He was swoon-worthy and he just...amazing! I loved how he was really nice and kind and how much his character changed throughout the whole story. Like the Emma, he went through a huge character development throughout the story. He went from someone who was a jock, was smart, but didn't show it, someone who cared about what other people thought of him to someone who was still a jock, but he wasn't afraid to be himself anymore. Also, I loved how he treated people with disabilities and how he accepted them and stood up for them and treated them like they were normal people.

One thing I liked about this story was that the character development in the story wasn't unbelievable. It made sense and it was really good. Another thing I liked was the middle of the book. It was a bit sad and little dark, but it was incredibleMy favorite part of the book would probably be the ending because of how beautiful it was and it just seemed perfect. I think that if the author of this book publishes anymore books, I'm definitely going to want to read them!


6 comments :

  1. Oh this sounds good and the cover is gorgeous! I'm adding this to my TBR for sure :)

    Great review! :D

    -Carina @http://myaddictionbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed this book Maisha :) I don't really read NA, but still. Great review!! Other people out there would surely enjoy it :)

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jillian! :) I really enjoyed and I hope that other people will enjoy it too.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the awesome review! It made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete