Thursday, February 26, 2015

Discussion: Book-to-Movie Adaptations

Discussion

So for today's discussion, I'll be discussing book-to-movie adaptations with Kitty from My Little Corner for Books! She is awesome and I love her blog, so you guys should definitely check her out ;)

And now on to the discussion...



Kitty: I've been thinking about this, well The Duff is out and everyone will start comparing it to the book. I've seen more reviews for the book sprinkle about in my feed on Bloglovin. There was already some discussion about it, since it doesn't look anything like the book.

Maisha: I actually just finished reading the DUFF, and from the trailer and from movie reviews about it that I've been recently reading, the two seem to be completely different from each other. When it comes to books being turned into movies, I usually prefer when the movie is faithful to what happens in the book, but there are times that the movie ends up being better than the book, and the plot is completely different. From what I've heard about the DUFF from other people, the movie was completely different from the movie, and it was still better than the book. 

Kitty: I understand for the classics, most of us like the film to remain faithful to the book. However, I don't want an exact replica of the book. Great Gatsby (1974) was like reading the book. It was literally the book and it was boring. No, I haven't seen the new version, because I didn't really enjoy the book. Sure it's fun to compare the movies to the books. Who doesn't like to point out what the film left out, but also what was added into the film. For Breaking Dawn Pt. 2 , I liked what the film added, that was not in the book. Kinda disappointed by what happened, but that will be for another day. I've heard that The Hunger Games: Mockingjay movie was different than the book. Some people enjoyed it while others did not. I enjoyed it, but that be because I have not read the books . . . yet. 

Maisha: Sometimes, I enjoy it more when the movie is a little different from the book because if I already read the book, I'm not going to know exactly what's going to happen in the movie. otherwise, the movie feels predictable to me. But when the movie is a good book to movie adaptation, I really love to see the characters that I read about come to life! So I guess to me, the movies don't have to be the same, but it all depends.

So many book-to-movie adaptations are being made in the upcoming months and years!There are so many book-to-movie adaptions coming out soon and we're just so excited for all of them!! Here are some upcoming movies that Kitty and I are highly anticipating.
  • Insurgent
  • Paper Towns
  • Frankenstein (another adaptation with James McAvoy:D)
  • Fifth Wave
  • Mockingjay Part 2
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
  • Legend
  • Fallen