Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Discussion ~ Choosing What to Read Next

As bookworms, it can be very hard for us to decide which book to read next. Most times, we have an endless TBR and we often find ourselves wondering "What should I read next?" For me, this decision is extremely hard. Should I read any book I want from my TBR? Should I read the next book that comes out that I have a review copy of? Should I read what ever fits my mood? But if I do that, I would be neglecting all my review copies, and then I'll be behind on them, and how will I ever catch up on them?



I have a TBR list of 1,676 books on Goodreads. And I plan on reading every single one of them. Yup. I'm probably not going to be able to do it, but it's something I'm hoping that I will be able to do it. I CAN DO IT!


So, what I do most times when I don't know what to read is just read whatever I want. And this why I never end up finishing books in time and end up posting ARC reviews after the book has been published.


So, of course there are times I force myself to read the review books I have, and then that's what I read. Basically this is the reason why I have a ton of books just sitting on my bookshelf, but they still haven't been read yet. I just don't have time to read what I buy these days. My decision of which book I'm going to read depends on my mood or the number of books are releasing soon that I have a review copy of.

So, how do you choose what book you're going to read next?
Is this decision hard for you too?